ONE POT VEGGIE FRIED RICE
Serves 4 + leftovers
My favorite thing about this veggie fried rice is you are controlling how much oil you use (not much) and it tastes great that night for dinner or the next day cold for breakfast (no judgement! it has veggies!) and lunch.
- 2-3 cups cooked rice
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 8 eggs, whisked with Salt & Pepper
- Large handful Peanuts, chopped
- Oil for cooking
- 5 TBSP Coconut Aminos (or Low SodiumSoy Sauce)
- Splash Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt, to taste
CHOP veggies and peanuts and set aside.
HEAT 2 TBSP oil in a large non-stick pan on medium-low. SCRAMBLE eggs and remove from pan and set aside.
ADD 2 TBSP oil to pan, sauté onion until fragrant and soft.
TURN up the heat to medium and ADD chopped veggie and sauté just a few more minutes, peas will unfreeze and others with just soften slightly.
POUR rice into pan and ADD coconut aminos, ground ginger and ground garlic plus sesame oil and sprinkling of salt.
ADD eggs back to pan and STIR to combine.
* Make rice ahead, use microwave pouches, or just be aware of cooking time
*Other optional toss-ins: zucchini, edamame, green beans, asparagus, yellow squash…anything!
* This plans for leftovers and fried rice tastes wonderful the next day for breakfast or lunch, cold or re-heated!